KV Federal is a community credit union. Membership eligibility is for anyone who lives, works, attends school, or worships in Kennebec County or Somerset County. Membership also extends to immediate family members and to businesses and other legal entities within the Counties.
"Once a member always a member!"
Once you join KV Federal Credit Union you may remain a member for life. You may continue to do business with KV if you move to another state or even another country, as long as your account remains open with the minimum balance requirement of $25.00.
How do I Join KV Federal Credit Union?
Begin this easy process right now:
- Print a copy of the Rate/Fee Schedule, Account Disclosure and Privacy Notice.
- Print a copy of the Joint Share Account Agreement. This two-page document contains the Agreement and Important Tax Information. Please read, complete, and sign these documents
Please note: In accordance with Privacy Regulations, minors must have parental/guardian consent before personal information can be solicited online.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you
When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
For Individual Accounts
Complete the Joint Share Account Agreement as follows:
- Fill in your legal name (include middle initial) and Social Security number.
- Fill in your mailing address. If you have a P.O. Box, please write your residence address above the P.O. Box information.
- Fill in the employer section. If not applicable, write student, disabled, retired, etc.
- Fill in your home and work (if applicable) telephone numbers and date of birth.
- Fill in your husband's first name or wife's maiden name if applicable.
- Sign your name on the signature line below the shaded area.
- On the reverse side, date and sign the certification.
For Joint Accounts
For the Primary Account holder, follow all of the Individual account steps described above.
- Authorize a joint owner by signing on the top "X" line, above Account Number.
- Have the joint owner sign on the second "X" line.
- Have the joint owner fill in the following 3 lines: Social Security number, relationship to the primary account holder and their date of birth.
- You may return the completed Share Account Agreement in person, by mail/email, or fax.
- Make your initial deposit in person or by mail. A valid form of identification, such as a driver's license, student ID, etc. is required.
Visit KV Federal in person:
- A member service representative will make opening a KV Federal account a pleasant experience.
- You will need to bring a valid form of identification, such as a driver's license.
- You will need cash or a check, made payable to KVFCU for at least $25.00, or $5.00 if establishing a Monty Moose Account.
- Mail the completed Share Account Agreement to any one of our three offices
- Include a check, made payable to KVFCU for at least $25.00 (or $5.00 for Monty Moose)
- Call us to discuss acceptable methods of completing identification
Give us a call:
If you do not have time to visit the Credit Union, you may call us at (207) 623-5171. We will mail you everything you need to open a KV Federal Credit Union account.